Tuition and Financial Aid
Pepperdine Law’s Master of Legal Studies and Master of Dispute Resolution students are charged tuition on a per-unit basis. The current rate of tuition for the 2017–2018 academic year is $1,995 per unit. Both programs consist of 32 units, totaling $63,840 under current tuition rates. Pepperdine Law tuition rates are reevaluated each year.
A number of financial resources may be available to students in the online Master of Legal Studies and Master of Dispute Resolution programs, including scholarships funded by professional organizations, employer tuition assistance, and student loans. Pepperdine students may be eligible to apply for the following loan options:
- Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans: Students are potentially eligible to receive up to $20,500 per academic year in the Direct Unsubsidized Loan. The potential eligibility amount of the Direct Unsubsidized Loan is not based on need nor income.
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan: Graduate students who are eligible for funds beyond their annual Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan amount may apply for this credit-based loan.
- Private Loans: Students who require additional assistance may apply for education loans through private lenders.
Applying for Financial Aid
Candidates who intend to seek financial aid should apply at the same time they complete their program application. To apply for federal student aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Pepperdine Law’s institutional code is 001264.
Financial aid decisions are sent out after admissions decisions. The FAFSA must be completed each academic year in order to remain eligible for federal student aid. Please reference the chart below to determine which FAFSA to complete based on your desired start date:
|May 2018||Summer||2017-2018 and 2018-2019|
|May 2019||Summer||2018-2019 and 2019-2020|
Financial Aid Checklist
Follow these steps to apply for and accept Federal Student Aid:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at fafsa.ed.gov. Include the Pepperdine University school code: 001264. You will need your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID to log in and sign the FAFSA electronically. If you do not already have an FSA ID, you will be asked to create a new one when logging in.
- After your financial aid file is complete, and upon acceptance to the program, you will be notified via email that your Financial Aid Award is available for you to review via WaveNet. Once you accept your loan(s) in WaveNet, your “To Do List” will populate the following day with items that require action. Be sure to sign into WaveNet and check your “To Do List” often for the most updated request for information.
- Complete Entrance Counseling and electronically sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN) for each of the loans you accept. These items will remain on your “To Do List” until they are completed and processed. A credit check is required if you are applying for the Federal Direct Graduate PLUS loan. If denied for the loan, you can reapply with a co-signer or appeal the denial through the Department of Education.
- Update your lender(s) with addresses, contact information, and enrollment status (for loan deferment purposes). Find your loan servicer’s contact information on the National Student Loan Data System at nslds.ed.gov.
Learn more detailed information on Federal Student Aid programs at studentaid.ed.gov.
Contact the Office of Financial Assistance via firstname.lastname@example.org or 310-506-4633.